Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Bethy's Kitchen Corner....

I've had a revelation in the kitchen.  I have one miss Britt to thank for this revelation.  It's actually a very simple revelation... yet it has changed my life!  And by "my life", I mean the way I make chili.  You see, I've observed something about the way Britt makes and eats her chili... she adds something... something that I would have never even thought to add to chili... Do you want to know what it is?  I'll tell you... it's rice!  RICE!  I always thought it was a little odd to put those two things together, but I was determined to try this innovation.  So I made some chili yesterday... it's fine... nothing spectacular... but the kicker was when I cooked up some rice and added that... so much better.  I am a rice in my chili convert now... Try it the next time you whip up a pot of chili... I think you might just become a convert as well...

Is it wrong that I want this kitchen, green carpet included?  Is the pink a little overkill?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

So usually after a couple days of chili dinners I make Chili Mac (which is just macaroni with chili over it and shredded cheese) just to spice things up a bit. Now I'm starting to wonder how it would be poured over rice. What do you think?