Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh the places I want to go...

I have a "bucket list"... My bucket list is a list of all the places I want to see in my lifetime.  And it keeps growing.  Because, wouldn't you just know it, there are so many fascinating places out there!  This world is a glorious mixture of untamed beauty, intriguing people groups, and fascinating cultures.  It makes it hard to not want to quit everything and travel the world for, oh, forever.  I know that it would take unfathomable riches to do just that so I guess I'll just have to wait to win the big lottery jackpot (fingers crossed)!  So, for your Thursday enrichment, pleasure, entertainment, and so forth, I am sharing my Traveling Bucket List with you dear friends... Well, the top ten places at least...

1. Ireland ~ Seriously, it is my dream to go to here.  If I could only choose one of the places on my list it would most definitely be Ireland.  My life will not be complete until I go there.
2. Italy ~ I dream of the day when I can gaze at the beauty of Florence, glide in a gondola through the canals in Venice, and meander through the historical sights of Rome...
3. Paris ~ I would love to visit and gaze at the Eiffel tower all aglow at night after having spent the day walking along the Champs de Elysee... preferably with someone I loved... it is the city of love after all...
4. London ~  Another of my biggest dreams is to visit this city and then tour through the surrounding countryside... Mostly where Jane Austen lived, worked, and breathed.  That's really the dream, to go to the places in her books, see where she grew up... Too nerdy?
5. Plitvice Lakes (Croatia) ~ Thanks to a Rick Steve's Europe episode that I saw one evening on PBS (Is that even more nerdy? Please don't answer that question...) I now long to visit this place and attempt to photograph the beauty that is this natural wonder. 
6. China ~ Ever since I took that year of Mandarin Chinese in high school I've wanted to head over to this ancient land and give them a loud Ni hao wo peng yous (that's "hello friends")!
7. Spain ~ Maybe Barcelona, maybe Madrid, who really knows.  All I do know is that I am not running with the bulls, nor do I want to see anyone else running with the bulls...
8. Holland ~ What can I say?  I'm a sucker for windmills, wooden shoes, and tulips.
9. Somewhere Scandinavian ~ I really have no preference of Sweden, Norway, or Finland... Oh wait, which one has all the fjords?  That's where I want to go... just so I can say the word fjord over and over...
10. Australia ~ I think this on the list only because, well, I want to see a Koala bear... and a kangaroo... And because it's a goal to visit every continent!

I could go on and on but I'll stop with just these 10.  I know. You're welcome! I'm always looking out for you dear reader...

One of these days I am going to pack up my bags and head on out to see all the wonders of this great Earth... Someday...
Photo courtesy of Mille Motts
p.s.  There's still time to enter my giveaway!  Do you like free stuff?  Do you like to read?  Then enter here!
p.p.s. Want to enter to win a free Kindle 3G (this giveaway is not being hosted by me obviously!) Go here...

No comments: