Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sundays are for relaxing... and blogging about your weekend...


Right now I'm wearing my night cap... so what if it's only 5... Sundays are just the perfect day for relaxing. I intend to enjoy this one to the fullest...

Yesterday was a good day. I wore my cowgirl/birthday party hat... yeah, try imagining that one... My Dad and I went out to our county fair Saturday late morning...

I've decided tha
t county fairs are solely there to sell you farm equipment and to be a place to find anything you could ever imagine deep fried and/or on a stick.... and speaking of fried food... this is what my dad and I partook of while at the fair...
Elephant ear for the pops... and a much healthier and smarter (just give me this one, OK) choice of fried veggies for me... my tongue was numb for hours... burnt from all that fresh, hot oil.... Good thing I had some fresh squeezed lemonade handy....



We
rode the Ferris wheel....

And check out this sign!!! Too funny! I laughed so hard!!!

Anyway... after that was a birthday party for my wonderful cousin...
I just love the time I spend with my family! We don't have to do anything but be in the same room with each other, and it's fun! Per my cousin's request, my Aunt made "Grandma's Famous Rice and Beans"...

Notice above the proper technique of eating the Spanish rice and beans... Step 1) Tear strip of tortilla. Step 2) Scoop bite of yummy rice and tasty beans into tortilla. Step 3) Enjoy!!

I'll spare you the details o
f the rest of the birthday party, but we had fun... just being together. Seriously, it was great... And then I had an impromptu photo shoot with this little thing...

She wasn't the most cooperative model... she just wanted to play... and then she just got snooty and stuck up... so I said, "That's it Sophie! We're through!" And she brought me her toy... and we made up... The end...


Ah!!! Who let these two crazy girls in?!?!?!?



P.S. I've decided to try my hand at making jewelry and as I was talking to my family about it this weekend, my aunt remembered something.... she had a whole tub full of old jewelry that used to belong to my Grandma... so she brought it up and let me go through it to take whatever I might want to use in this new adventure.... check out the stash I walked away with...
exciting!!

No comments: