Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back in the saddle again...

Well, not the literal saddle... the figurative, jewelry making saddle... I'm not a huge fan of literal saddles as they're usually atop literal horses... which terrifies me to no end... The horse doesn't terrify me, nor does the saddle itself, but combine the two and I fa-reak!  See evidence A:


 I know, I know, this was like 20 plus years ago... I should try it again, I might like it... I have tried it again as an adult and I just have to say... um, no thanks!

What was I talking about?  Oh yeah!  I'll stick to my figurative jewelry making saddle thank you very much! It's bedazzled.  Anyway, like I said, I'm back in the saddle (the figurative, bedazzled, jewelry making one) again.  For a while I just haven't had the desire, creativity, imagination, etc to make any sort of jewelry.  I've been letting my creativity find different avenues such as "photography".  (I like to fancy myself a photographer... it helps me get through the day)  But this past weekend, I found my muse... That crafty little jewelry making muse that had lain hidden for months and it was great!  I was on fire!  Want to see what I was up to?  You do? Oh good.  I thought you'd never ask!  Here's what I done did this weekend...
I made this necklace and earring set for myself to wear on Easter Sunday...

I didn't do all of this on Saturday.  I already had the multi-colored beads strung from before... I just had to  finish it off a little... Like, the flower... and the rest of the chain that actually makes it a necklace... 

And then I made these earrings....

And these earrings...





All in all, a very productive weekend.  And I can't wait to make more!!  Of course, now I need to start getting what I have made sold off... Oy vey... Stay tuned...

No comments: